Friday, January 22, 2010

They love to learn

I just have to say that I am blessed. My girls LOVE to learn. Whether it is throught a t.v. program, a book, art, coloring, or song. They are like two little sponges "sopping" up knowledge.
After lunch is free time for the girls to do pretty much what they want. Kori usually goes down for a nap at this time (she fell asleep earlier today). I found Kori in her room on the floor with the book that teaches shapes, "reading" the book with her safety (LOL) glasses on. When she saw me, she started saying the shapes, the only one she missed was oval...very proud. She then stood up and took her pamper off and said she had to go potty.

Kasey is my little artist...She was in the living room drawing. She brought me her art...it was two drawings, one was Pat (the hammer) and the other was Philipe (phillips screwdriver) from the cartoon Handy Manny. They both just learn and retain soooo easily.

I have to say that I am blessed that Kasey has such a great teacher for Pre-K at Highways to Tomorrow in Bartow. Her name is Ms. Ann and Kasey loves her to death. The class is working on putting together three letter words for recognition of letter sounds and word recognition. When we arrived at school this morning, I told Kasey the usual, that I hope she has a fun day and that she learns a lot...I asked her "Kasey, how do you spell tan?" And wouldn't you know she looked at me and said (with her eyes rolling up in her head because I should know the answer) T-A-N...mom. I loved it!

On the homefront...my dishwasher has been very sick. I had a service man come on Tuesday from Apex Appliance who was sent through are home warranty company...and of course the crazy machine worked perfectly. I still had to pay the service call fee (which is good for 30 days). He told me if it messes up again, to just call the company and they would send someone out. Well, today I finally got enough dirty dishes accumilated to warrant washing a load. Hmmmph...it didn't work. So, being the smarty britches that I am, I got my camera out and started the video, showing how each button was not working. Then, I called the company....no answer. I have called two more times since with no answer. I am pretty miffed at this point because now I will probably have to wait the whole weekend before someone comes out. Ok, I vented, I am better.

It is that time of year again-income tax time, or what I refer to as "pay off some bills time". Do you have any special plans for your return? Are you a devoted customer to any particular tax office? Let me know. I used to complete our returns until last year when we bought the house and got the tax credit. I was nervous that I would leave something out and the IRS would come knocking on my door. So last year we went to Liberty Tax Service. Well, this year we are having the credit amended and I have been to my tax office twice in the last two days to have it amended and the person that does the amendments was not in office. I called them right after calling the service guy the second time. I pretty much said that if someone wasn't available this evening to complete our return, that I would go elsewhere and they would lose a customer. Someone is supposed to be there to help me at 5:30 tonight. We will see...

This weekend our area has lots of fun things going on. I try to take Kasey to all of the Build and Grow clinics at Lowe's. Tomorrow we will build a tic-tac-toe board. Let me know what fun things you will be doing with your kids this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You remind me that I need to do a better job of teaching Charlotte to play by herself. Sure hope Mary is better at it. How well did Kasey play by herself at Kori's age?

    ReplyDelete