Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day one of blogging...bear with me.






Today is my first day of blogging. My daughters are two and five. Just within the last 4-5 months I have started to be able to make "me" time without one or the other (or both) having a meltdown. My husband is a very considerate and caring man...he has always been a tremendous help with the girls. I decided to try to get fit at the beginning of the year. I have been watching what I eat and walking every evening. The girls are used to it now and just say "see ya when you get back momma!". I love the free time but on the flip side, I can see them gaining their own independence from me...oh, to be a mom.

I am using the Weight Watchers point system to watch what I eat and walking atleast two miles every evening. Anyone have any pointers, tricks, tips, do's or dont's? Let me know.

With my oldest getting ready to start school next fall, we have had to look at prospective schools. My husband is VERY adamant that she is not riding the bus. Our public school that we are zoned for is not currently an "A" school, and we have to wait until summer to see if we qualify for a transfer. So, in the meantime, we applied to Brigham Academy in Winter Haven as a backup. The whole lottery process, waiting list, etc. is new to us...

I am a member of a playgroup and I also get my "adult interaction" there as well with Mom's Night Out (MNO) about once a month. It's great for me because I tend to be a real homebody. I am not a big shopper for myself, I don't drink, and I still sometimes feel guilty if I go out alone.

Well, I will cut it off here until I can form some more thoughts in my head.



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a lot to share Michelle. I look forward to reading your thoughts more and getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete